With all the small bars that have opened in Sydney in the last four years there are surprisingly few that have a theme – something that is reflective of music, an era, pop culture or the likes. Vasco in Cleveland Street, Surry Hills is the exception. Vasco is essentially a small bar shrine to good old fashioned rock ‘n’ roll and the name of this venue was taken from Vasco Rossi, a legendary Italian rocker, a bit of a bad-boy, now 61 and still going strong! Masamilliano (Max) Greco, formerly bar manager at Eau De Vie, owns this bar and this place rocks, quite literally! There’s rock n roll tunes pumping out from the sound system, framed photos of various rock bands and guitars hanging from the walls and a vibe in this bar that really is ‘good times and great rock n roll’.
Max and his crew are just as serious about their cocktails as any other small bar in town, so don’t let the rock ‘n’ roll theme fool you into thinking that this bar is all about beer and cheap liquor. Having said that, you can get a can of Peroni, follow that with a shot of bourbon and play air guitar till your heart’s content and you’ll fit it just nicely! Vasco Rossi, we thank you and we salute you, because you have provided the inspiration for a seriously rockin’ small bar!
- Address421 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills 2010
- CategoryBar, Bar with music, Neighbourhood Bar
- LocationSurry Hills & Redfern, Sydney
- Tagsbar with music, best bars in redfern, best bars in sydney, best cocktail bars in sydney, best small bars sydney, cocktail bar, cocktails, fun bar, fun bars in sydney, good times bar, redfern bar, rock n roll bar, small bar, Sydney bar
- By admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org