You could be excused for thinking that The Workers is a bar that has been set up exclusively for the blue-collar locals of Balmain or for those that have allegiance to the Labor party. It’s neither, but it’s both! The Workers is a rather large bar that resides in the space once occupied by union and trades council ‘types’. Its heritage rooted deeply in the left wing and union side of politics is made bleeding obvious by the fact that there are three massive black and white photo/banners hanging from the ceiling – one of Neville Wran, one of Gough Whitlam and the other of Australia’s most loved union larrikin-come-Prime Minister, Bob Hawke. So with those three very distinguished gentlemen watching over proceedings, there is only one thing to do: have some fun!
The Workers is a lot larger than your average bar, so groups and parties work really well here. There’s lots of brightly painted furniture which makes you feel like you’ve stepped onto the Alice in Wonderland set, but it definitely adds to the party vibe of this bar. And speaking of parties, The Workers is the only bar in Balmain that is licensed past midnight – it closes the doors at 3am – so it’s a great place to kick on after you’ve trawled the bars and pubs of Balmain.
- AddressLevel 1, 292 Darling Street, Balmain 2041
- CategoryBar, Bar & Restaurant, Bar with music
- LocationBalmain & Inner West, Sydney
- Tagsbalmain bar, balmain cocktail bars, balmain small bars, bar with music, bars in balmain, best bars in balmain, best bars in sydney, best cocktail bars in sydney, cocktail bar, cocktails, good times bar, sydney bar with food, sydney bar with music, the workers, the workers bar
- By admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org