What happens when an Irishman, a Welshman and a Texan walk into a bar? They decide to buy it! No, that’s not the punch line, it actually happened and the result is a very friendly neighbourhood style bar in Surry Hills that goes by the name of The Wanderer. The Wanderer is one of those bars that you walk into and it just feels cosy and warm, like an old favourite winter coat. The Wanderer has set out to establish itself as a small bar for the locals, but where visitors are welcomed with open arms and a friendly smile too. There’s food and drink specials happening here most nights of the week and they do a terrific roast on a Sunday. And once you’ve scoffed down your roast you can head out to the courtyard and get involved in a darts tournament. How old school! The courtyard area out back has its own bar set-up too, so it’s a terrific spot to book out for parties or office get-togethers.
The Elizabeth Street end of Surry Hills has a plethora of pubs, but until recently very few options by way of small bars, but The Wanderer (along with Li’l Darlin, Play and Button) is helping turn the tide and bring some genuinely warm hospitality to that part of town. There’s a really happy buzz about this bar and it’s not pretending to be the coolest or hippest bar in town that serves the most mind-blowingly spectacular cocktails you’ve ever had … it’s just a great little bar to hang out at with a bar crew that genuinely like working there! If you’ve not yet acquainted yourself with the lovely folk at this bar, then maybe it’s time you took a stroll up Elizabeth Street and wandered in to The Wanderer. It’ll feel like coming home.
- Address501 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills 2010
- CategoryBar, Neighbourhood Bar
- LocationSurry Hills & Redfern, Sydney
- Tagsbest bar in surry hills, best bars in sydney, best cocktail bar in surry hills, best cocktail bars in sydney, best date bars sydney, best small bars sydney, cocktail bar, cocktails, drinking in surry hills, neighbourhood bar, surry hills, surry hills neighbourhood bar, sydney bar with food, the wanderer, the wanderer small bar, the wanderer surry hills bar
- By admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org