Sydney’s Kings Cross is one of the best, and worst, entertainment precincts in Australia. On one end of the scale you have the dodgy strip joints and all the sleaze that accompanies such establishments and at the other end of the scale you have some spectacular bars, including The Roosevelt, which is one of Australia’s classiest and most opulent cocktail bars! Sven and the crew that have bought us Eau De Vie and EDV Melbourne have opened The Roosevelt in the very same nightclub once owned by the infamous Abe Safron.
The modern incarnation of The Roosevelt is, however, a far more polished and refined version of Abe’s old nightclub and these days it is the home of high cocktails, bartenders in bow ties, ladies in magnificent dresses and vintage crystal glassware and yet The Roosevelt feels like a cocktail bar you might find in the 20’s or 30’s. The Roosevelt is also where cocktail making often resembles a chemistry class, with the bartenders often calling on their special cart of flasks, jugs, decanters and liquid nitrogen in order to prepare your cocktail to perfection. There is first class food on the offering here too, but The Roosevelt really is a cocktail bar and one of the very highest caliber. The Roosevelt is an experience and in so many ways is a complete contradiction to the noise and chaos of Kings Cross, which is a mere stone’s throw away. Having said all that, there is nothing quite like a night out in the Cross and if you are contemplating a visit to Australia’s favourite adult playground, then you should definitely schedule a visit to The Roosevelt.
- Address32 Orwell Street, Potts Point 2011
- CategoryBar, Bar & Restaurant, Date Bar
- LocationKings Cross & Potts Point, Sydney
- Tagsbest bars in kings cross, best bars in potts point, best bars in sydney, best cocktail bars in sydney, best date bars sydney, fun bars in sydney, kings cross bar, roosevelt, speakeasy group bar, spectacular cocktails, sven almening bar, sydney bar with food, the roosevelt bar
- By admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org